- 1940 - 2002 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
2 A3 folders
1 A1 folder
Name of creator
The company Savermo (Eire) Ltd. was found in 1947 due to falling whiskey sales and the production of Irish Mist started. The recipe was claimed to be the 1000 years old ‘Heather Wine’ from the time of the Irish Clan fights. It contains the blending and ageing process of four aged Whiskeys, heather honey and herbs.
In 1950 the name of the company changed to Irish Mist Liqueur Company Ltd.. William G. Jaffray was director and general manager - D. E. Williams managing director under the head of the Williams Group. E. P. Spollen was leading the marketing division.
The Irish Mist figurine was substantial for its marketing campaign and represented an Irish Hussar in the army of Empress Therese of Austria, ca. 1750.
The liqueur was sold on the home trade and from the 1960s also on an export basis. With the US importer and distributor Heublein Inc. Irish Mist gained a place on the American market from the year 1963 onwards.
In 1985 the Williams Group sold the Irish Mist Liqueur Company to the Cantrell & Cochrane Group (C & C) based in Clonmel, Tipperary.
Name of creator
The Williams Group Tullamore Ltd. was formed as a holding company to control and co-ordinate the activities of the four existing companies, D. E. Williams Ltd., B. Daly and Co. Ltd., Keily & Co. Ltd., and the Irish Mist Liqueur Co. Ltd.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This series reflects the Irish Mist Liqueur Company Ltd. under the holdings of the Williams Group Tullamore. The company was concentrating on the production and marketing of its only product, promoted as Ireland's legendary liqueur.
The records include production and account ledgers; one section is dedicated to their export and marketing campaign and other parts contain digital media, photographs, and maps.