An Tóstal - documents for display
- IE OCL P87/1/3
Part of Papers of Fr Joseph Hurley
Informational documents or copies of original documents which were placed on display in the 1953 and 1954 An Tóstal exhibitions in Tullamore.
- Rough sketch of a map of Clonmacnoise monastic site, 'The way of the Station at Clonmacnoise 3 1/2 hours'
- List of 'Visitors to Clonmacnoise' extracted from the 'register', including Uachtarán na hÉireann Seán T. O'Kelly.
- 'Rolla Ónóra 1798-1803' - a list of names of Contae Uíbh Fháilghe United Irishmen, compiled from British Army and Secret Service Sources in Dublin Castle by An tAth Seosamh Ó Muirthile, S.J.
- Names and addresses of 'Offaly's Suspects' taken from E. J. Hoare's 'Legion of Honour', printed and published by John F. Fowler, Crow St., Dublin in 1883.
- Four typescript transcripts of letters to Dr George A. Moorhead in relation to the inquest on John Manderville who died while imprisoned in Tullamore Gaol, 1887.
- Fragmentary note mainly in relation to the rebellions of the 1640s.
- Three page typescript 'The manufacture of Bricks - an old Offaly industry' by. 'P. F'
- Calendar by Sáirséal agus Dill for 1953 with portraits of twelve Irish language writers. The September portrait 'Liam Ó Briain;' has an annotation by Hurley: 'Údar Cuimhní Cinn, a tháinig go dtí an Tulach Mhór 23 Aibreán 1916'
- 'Description of a riot in Tullamore in 1808', extracted from Thomas Lalor Cooke's 'Early History of the Town of Birr'.
- Outsize map 'Index to the Townland Survey of the King's County' published by Ordnance Survey in 1888. Annotated by Hurley with catalogue numbers relating to items on display in the exhibition.