Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Tullamore Rural District Council
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
1898 - 1925
Rural district councils were created through the Local Government (Ireland) Act, 1898, and were eventually abolished after the partition of Ireland, by the Local Government Act of 1925.
Functions, occupations and activities
Rural District Councils were responsible for the provision of public health and sanitation, as well as social housing. They were also responsible for the administration of malicious injuries legislation, public lighting, public libraries and telegraph services.
Mandates/sources of authority
Local Government (Ireland) Act, 1898