Roscrea Rural District Council

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Roscrea Rural District Council

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1898 - 1925

History

Rural district councils were created through the Local Government (Ireland) Act, 1898, and were eventually abolished after the partition of Ireland, by the Local Government Act of 1925.
The first meeting of the Roscrea Rural District Council No. 2 was held on Saturday 15th of April, 1899, in the boardroom of the Union Workhouse, Roscrea.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Rural District Councils were responsible for the provision of public health and sanitation, as well as social housing. They were also responsible for the administration of malicious injuries legislation, public lighting, public libraries and telegraph services.

Mandates/sources of authority

Local Government (Ireland) Act, 1898

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC