- 1911; 1920 (Vervaardig)
Omvang en medium
Naam van de archiefvormer
The 100th (Prince of Wales's Royal Canadian) Regiment of Foot and 109th Regiment of Foot were amalgamated in July 1881 to form the Leinster Regiment as part of the Caldwell Reforms. Regiments were to consist of two regular battalions and three militia battalion. 1st Battalion formed from the 100th Regiment of Foot, 2nd Battalion from the 109th Regiment of Foot, 3rd Battalion from the King’s County Militia, 4th Battalion from the Queen’s County Militia and the 5th Battalion from the Royal Meath Militia. Birr Barracks, Crinkill became the depot for the regiment, where depot staff were permanently based. The Regiment took part in: Fourth Anglo-Ashanti War (1895-6), Second Anglo Boer War (1899-1902), First World War (1914-1919), Malabar Rebellion (1921). Disbanded at Windsor Castle on 12 June 1922, along with five other southern Irish Regiments.
Victoria Cross Receptions
• Lieutenant John Vincent Holland, 1916.
• Corporal John Cunningham, 1917.
• Private Martin Joseph Moffat, 1918.
• Sergeant John O’Neill, 1918.
Geschiedenis van het archief
Inhoud en structuur
Bereik en inhoud
Book of photographic prints of 2nd Battalion Prince of Wales's Leinster Regiment Royal Canadians, Jullundur & Amritsar (India) 1911, with annotations on biographical details of subjects.
Booklet commemorating Presentation of Decorations and Medals to the 2nd Battalion The Prince of Wales's Leinster Regiment (Royal Canadians), at Colchester, February 1920.