- IE OCL INF 2/2/2
- 1919-06-01 - 1921-08-01
Soft bound minute book of the King’s County Infirmary board of management meetings. Minutes consist of an overview of tenders for supplies, statements of account and building repairs and maintenance. Records decisions regarding the hiring and managing of staff, fees for patients, and transcription of correspondence. The board were often concerned with funding, establishing an ‘Improvement Fund Collection’, received funds from the Tuberculosis Scheme Grant and through Lady Rosse (later, Viscountess de Vesci) petitioned for a grant from the Joint War Committee for the hospital which they received in August 1920.
Meetings between January and August 1921 discuss the possible and eventual closure of the County Infirmary and the amalgamation of the institution with the Central Hospital which was formally the Union Hospital.
Prominent members of board include, Rev. W Phelan (Chairman June 1921), Rev J. Flynn (Vice-Chairman June 1921), R.S. Craig, Rev PJ Egan, Rev Philip Callery, J.M Russell, J.A Lumley, and Rev John Humphries.
It was noted in October 1920, that Fr Thomas Burbage, a noted Republican and a member of the Board had a lucky escape after being shot at by the military on his journey between Tullamore and Geashill by motor bicycle.
King's County Infirmary