Showing 6146 results

Archival description
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

3521 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

O'Brennan Family Papers

  • IE OH OHS31
  • Collection
  • 1911-2015

Material relating to Tullamore Incident, March 1916 and the 1916 Rising from the family of Séamus O'Brennan and his brother Alo O' Brennan. Contains postcards, photographs, contemporary newspapers (1916-1917), memoirs, and commemorative newspapers (1966).

O'Brennan, Séamus

Folder of photocopies relating to Offaly IRA

Photocopies of articles from newspapers and books relating to the Tullamore Incident, Irish Volunteer organisation in Offaly,and internment in Frongoch. Also includes a photocopy and transcript from a minute book of the Old IRA Association Tullamore Branch (1948). Also includes photocopy of the military pensions record of Clonaghadoo Co., 4th Batt.

Burial details of Jesuits - documents by Fr Kevin Laheen SJ

Documents by Fr Kevin Laheen, SJ which describe the burial details of Jesuits and pupils of Tullabeg who were buried in the Old Rahan Graveyard (c.1855 onwards) and the College cemetery (c.1874 onwards); the plaque erected in their honour and blessing of this stone; details of copyright permission for Fr Laheen’s book in relation to the 5 Evie Hone stained glass windows originally located at Tullabeg and relocated to the Jesuit Retreat House, Dollymount (1 August 2010). Includes chronologically list of Jesuits who died in Tullabeg (1870-1906) and a photographic album of the Jesuit graveyard at Tullabeg, Rahan Lodge and Irish Jesuits at this blessing (9 September 2004).

Laheen; Kevin; Jesuit priest

St Stanislaus College, Tullabeg, Offaly

  • IE IJA FM/TULL
  • Fonds
  • 1818-2010

The Jesuits bought Tullabeg in 1818 (dedicated it to St Stanislaus) and opened a preparatory school for boys destined to go to Clongowes Wood College, Kildare. St Stanislaus College gradually developed as an educational rival to its sister school. It merged with Clongowes Wood College in 1886. Tullabeg then became a house of Jesuit formation: novitiate (1888-1930), juniorate (1895-1911), tertianship (1911-1927) and philosophate (1930-1962). In 1962, it was decided that the students of philosophy should be sent abroad for study. Tullabeg subsequently became a retreat house and was closed in May 1991.

The papers of St Stanislaus College include information on a history of the area around Tullabeg, building and property (1912-2004), correspondence with Superiors (1881-1971), finance (1912-1990), documents on Jesuit training (1818-1962), retreat house (1949-1960) and artworks (1940-1991).

Material is in the form of letters, reports, architectural plans, notes, maps and photographs (1902-1990). Programmes for plays include Shrovetide at St. Stanislaus College, Tullamore; ‘The Man with the Iron Mask’, ‘All at Coventry’ and ‘The Smoked Miser’ (1885) and for ‘Caitlín Ní Uallacáin’ and ‘Cox and Box’ and details Jesuits who performed (1925).

Society of Jesus

Results 1 to 10 of 6146