Showing 78 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions
Print preview View:

13 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Rental Ledgers of the Cox Estate, Clara

  • IE OCL P44
  • Fonds
  • 1863-c.1940

Rental ledgers relating to the estate of Col A.C. Wolseley Cox, Clara, King's County. Folios record the rental period, the amount of rent, the poor-rate if chargeable, and the amount paid by cash. The observations column records most of the particulars of lease, and can include details of marriages and deaths of tenants, memorials of leases, and other personal observations on tenants and their character. Map reference numbers are also noted and these may refer to the Map of Clara and Raheen, King's County, estate of Colonel Wolseley Cox (P96) listed below.

Alphabetical surname index at rear of of each volume, although that for Vol.3 is blank. Vol. 3 in general is sparse in details in comparison to the preceding volumes.

Cox, Ambrose Clement Wolseley

Rental of Banagher Estate

  • IE OCL P22
  • Fonds
  • 1834-1840

Manuscript rent roll for the Banagher Estate, King's County. Lists tenants' names and rents paid for the years 1835-1840. Verso contains general directions for seizing sale stocks and property in the even of non-payment of rent: '...you are to proceed against any tenant who does not pay or get time. This rule is of first importance. If you know of any reason why time may not be safely given you are to mention it should such delay be applied for...'

Also includes a printed rental from 1834 possibly drawn up for sale of lands in the encumbered estates court.

Banagher Estate

Rental of the Estate of the Earl of Charleville

  • IE OCL P17
  • Fonds
  • 1868-1901

Rental of the estate of the Earl of Charleville. Lists the denominations, tenants, acreage, yearly rent and other notes. Frequently amended with addition of new tenants and details of lease renewals

Bury Family, Earls of Charleville

St Stanislaus College, Tullabeg, Offaly

  • IE IJA FM/TULL
  • Fonds
  • 1818-2010

The Jesuits bought Tullabeg in 1818 (dedicated it to St Stanislaus) and opened a preparatory school for boys destined to go to Clongowes Wood College, Kildare. St Stanislaus College gradually developed as an educational rival to its sister school. It merged with Clongowes Wood College in 1886. Tullabeg then became a house of Jesuit formation: novitiate (1888-1930), juniorate (1895-1911), tertianship (1911-1927) and philosophate (1930-1962). In 1962, it was decided that the students of philosophy should be sent abroad for study. Tullabeg subsequently became a retreat house and was closed in May 1991.

The papers of St Stanislaus College include information on a history of the area around Tullabeg, building and property (1912-2004), correspondence with Superiors (1881-1971), finance (1912-1990), documents on Jesuit training (1818-1962), retreat house (1949-1960) and artworks (1940-1991).

Material is in the form of letters, reports, architectural plans, notes, maps and photographs (1902-1990). Programmes for plays include Shrovetide at St. Stanislaus College, Tullamore; ‘The Man with the Iron Mask’, ‘All at Coventry’ and ‘The Smoked Miser’ (1885) and for ‘Caitlín Ní Uallacáin’ and ‘Cox and Box’ and details Jesuits who performed (1925).

Society of Jesus

The Daily Sketch 1916

  • IE OCL P127
  • Fonds
  • 1916

Edition of The Daily Sketch, published in London, 10 May 1916, shortly after the Easter Rising.

The Daily Sketch

The Rosse Papers

  • IE BCA ROSSE
  • Fonds
  • 1595

Parsons Family, Earls of Rosse

Truth, War Special, No. 5

  • IE OCL P103
  • Item
  • 1922

Propaganda newspaper issued by Saorstát Éireann (Issue of 1 August 1922), with the headline ‘The Nation over all’ with articles condemning the actions of anti-treatyites.

Saorstát Éireann

Woodfield Papers

  • IE OH OHS77
  • Fonds
  • 1783-1995

Papers of the Lamb, Fuller, Johnston, Shaw, and Tobias families, and the members that were connected with Woodfield House.

Lamb Family

Results 71 to 78 of 78