Showing 37 results

Archival description
Fonds
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

4 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Charleville Estate Rental

  • IE OCL P17
  • Fonds
  • c.1880

Rental of the estate of the Earl of Charleville c.1880.

Charleville Estate

Digby Estate Valuation and Survey

  • IE OCL P74
  • Fonds
  • 1798-1799

Survey and valuation of the Digby estate completed by Michael Cuddehy, land surveyor, for Lord Digby, on 3 January 1798 and a further valuation on 25 June 1799 listing lands in the barony of Geashill that are out of lease. Townlands surveyed in the initial valuation are listed in Cuddehy's accompanying note as Annaharvey, Ballymooney, Ballyknockan, Ballycue and Ballyduff, although only those of Ballycue and Ballyduff are extant. The valuation is tabular, listing tenants' names, a description of their holdings (e.g. 'moory pasture', 'oat field', 'big fallow field' etc.), a measurement in A.R.P (acres, roods, perches) and a yearly value.

The second list entitled 'Lands in the Barony of Geashill out of lease except the parts disposed of as herein 25 June 1799' contain a list of the townlands Annaharvey, Ballymooney, Ballycue, Bluebell, Ballyduff , Dalgan, Ballydownan, Curragh, Killellery, Ballyavill, Cappincur, Kinockballyboy, Ballinagar, Killleigh, Scrub, Killeenmore, and Killurin. Each description is accompanied by a reference number for a map by Cuddehy which is not extant. There are also comments by Cuddehy on certain plots such as 'Darby Smollen declared tenant' in respect of a plot in Ballydownan and he notes that Cuddehy himself is proposed for a plot in Ballymooney of 149 acres.

Digby, Family of the Barons

Digby Irish Estates

  • IE OCCHO DIGBY
  • Fonds
  • 1857-1963

Digitised collection of annual reports and rentals of the Geashill Estate, King's County sent by successive land agents to Lord Digby at his permanent residence in Dorset. Also includes two volumes of drawings depicting improvements made to labourers' cottages on the estate.

Digby, Family of the Barons

J. & L. F. Goodbody Ltd., Clashawaun Works Factory Plans

  • IE OCL P97
  • Fonds
  • 1960

Four identical floor-plans of Clashawaun Works. Scale 1 inch: 40 ft. Includes numerical key identifying the various areas of the factory.

Size 68cm x 86 cm each.

The floor plan is from the 1960s.

J. & L. F. Goodbody Ltd.

J. & L. F. Goodbody Ltd., Clashawaun Works Factory Regulations

  • IE OCL P24
  • Fonds
  • 1878 - 1937

Texts of legislation relating to factory conditions and terms of employment.

  1. ‘Textile Factories Factory and Workshop Act, 1878’ signed by R. G. For J. & L. F. Goodbody.

  2. ‘Textile Factory and Workshop Act 1901-1916’, signed by J. & L. F. Goodbody, Ltd., 5 September 1921.

  3. ‘Textile Factories factory and Workshop Acts 1901-1920’ signed by J. & L. F. Goodbody, Ltd., 23 March 1925.

  4. ‘Textile Factory and Workshop Act 1937’, signed by Harold J. Goodbody, August 1937.

J. & L. F. Goodbody Ltd.

Loughton Papers

  • IE OCL P131
  • Fonds
  • 1798 - 1976

The Loughton papers are comprised of the records of the successive owners of Loughton, Moneygall, Co. Offaly and of other properties in the surrounding area including one in Co. Tipperary. The families documented within the fonds are the Bloomfields, the Trenches and the Atkinsons. The fonds mainly consists of documents originating from Benjamin Bloomfield Trench, his wife Dora Trench (neé Turnor) and their daughter Theodora Trench. The material dates from 1798 until the 1970s.

Trench, Henry

Minutes of Tullamore Lawn Tennis Club

  • IE OCL P105
  • Fonds
  • 1891-1904

Softbound copy book containing minutes of the Tullamore Lawn Tennis Club, including two loose notes, one of which is a hand drawn programme for a tennis tournament. Minutes contain general rules of the club, statements of account, plans for tournaments, and lists of members. Important decisions recorded include changing the site of the tennis grounds to Spollenstown, Tullamore in 1894 and the construction of a pavilion. Prominent members include Rev. Maxwell H. Coote, Capt. Fetherstonhaugh, James Perry Goodbody, Reginald Digby, David Sherlock, Lewis Goodbody, J. Prior Kennedy, Rev. R. S. Craig, George Lauder, A. G. Gardiner, A. B. Reamsbottom, George Hoey, and James Denning,

Tullamore Lawn Tennis Club

Papers of Fr. Swayne

  • IE OCL P69
  • Fonds

Correspondence (1963-70), mainly between Swayne and W. H. Milner, Portarlington, relating to a film made by Fr. Kennedy in 1921 ostensibly on the turf-cutting industry in the area, but also features the exhumation of skulls of the ‘Ballynowlart Martyrs’ who were purportedly burned alive in Ballynowlart church by English forces in the 1600s. Correspondence culminates in the deposit of the film in the National Library of Ireland.
Offaly Sinn Féin material: original resolution from North and South Offaly Executive Sinn Féin signed by Comd. Ua Duinn relating to its support of the Treaty (29 December 1921) and calling on Offaly’s representative Dr McCartan to vote for ratification, and a pamphlet entitled 'Terms of Reference 23 May 1922 Adjourned Árd-Fheis of Sinn Féin'.
Leaflets and other printed material relating to Croghan Feis organised by Offaly Vocational Education Committee (1949).
Manuscripts notes on placenames and history of Killeigh Parish and Philipstown (Daingean).
Publications: Programme for Walsh Island Second National Turf-cutting competition (1935); Knockbeg Centenary Year Book (1948); and Suncroft, a Parish Magazine (1970).

Swayne, Peadar, Fr.

Papers of R.H. Moore

  • IE OCL P35
  • Fonds
  • 1899 - 1956

Documents relating to aspects of Moore's life in Banagher. Moore was involved in many committees in the town. These fall into two categories in this collection, namely improvements to the local economy and infrastructure and those that responded to outside events such as the First and Second World Wars. The improvement committees were Banagher Improvement Association/Committee (c.1899-1928), Banagher Fairs and Improvement Committee (1907-1928), Banagher Public Lighting Committee (1907-1912) and Banagher and Lusmagh Farmers Association (1929-1930). The other committees responded to WWI and WWII were The Garrycastle Relief Committee (1914-1915), the War and Pensions Committee (1917-1919) and the Parish Council (1941-c.1945).

Some other organisations mentioned are the Banagher Bicycle Association, the Gaelic League and the Banagher Sacred Heart Sodality which all proved extremely popular.

Moore, Roderick H.

Papers of Rt. Hon. Charles William Bury

  • IE OCL P59
  • Fonds
  • 1799-1801

Catalogue of books in the possession of Rt. Hon. Charles William, Lord Tullamore and bundle of incoming correspondence.

Bury, Charles William, 1st earl of Charleville

Results 1 to 10 of 37