Showing 7 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

Leases and maps of Tullynisky, Woodfield and Woodville, barony of Eglish and an agreement to surrender

Box of leases of Tullynisky, alias Tullaneskeagh, etc, etc, Woodfield and Woodville, barony of Eglish. [The present house on this townland, Tullynisky Park, was built by and for the two bachelor brothers of the 2nd Earl of Rosse, Rev. William Parsons and Thomas C. Parsons, c.1820; but in the first half of the 18th century the heir apparent to the baronetcy seems to have lived in an earlier house situated in this townland. From c.1860 it was the residence of the three
generations of the Garvey family who acted as Rosse agent, up to at least the 1890s being called ‘Thornvale’ (an English translation of the Irish, Tullaneskeagh) – see V/27. Woodfield and Woodville are sub-denominations, not townlands in their own right.] The box also includes papers relating to a 10-year lease of Tullynisky Park to George Gossip, together with maps of the premises, an agreement to surrender, and a 1997 licence to extract sand and gravel from Kiltemony Quarry, beside Tullynisky.

Records of J. & L. F. Goodbody Ltd

  • IE OCL P10
  • Fonds
  • 1873 - 1972

The collection is comprised of artefacts, plans and drawings of the Clashawaun Works (jute spinning mill) and its machinery. The business records include; material relating to the formation of the limited company in 1888; correspondence with directors and partners; notices of meetings and resolutions adopted; some handwritten minutes and material relating to the formation of the limited company to a public company in 1937.

J. & L. F. Goodbody Ltd.

Loughton sale advertisements.

File of documents relating to an 1872 attempt to sell Loughton house.
Included in this file are an advertisement for sale of the house and a map of the house division of Loughton dated 6 March 1872.

Field record maps.

Field record maps from 1976-1988 showing what each field will be used for.

Trench, Theodora Caroline

Page one.

Photograph (top) of a map of the lands of Gurteen, Woodfield, and Ballinamentin, created in 1716 for the Fuller family. The original map remains in possession of the Lamb family. Photograph (bottom) of Woodfield House, taken in the year 1900.