Rogers & Co., Solicitors

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Rogers & Co., Solicitors

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1908-1982

History

James Rogers set up his practice at High St., Tullamore in 1908 or 1909. Following his appointment to the post of county registrar for Offaly in 1926, his partner in the firm James A. Ennis took over its management. In a neat swap, Ennis succeeded Rogers as county registrar in 1943 and Rogers returned to private practice at Rogers & Co. Eugene Hunt took over the firm in 1967 following Rogers death but it was wound up by the Law Society in 1982 due to Hunt's bankruptcy.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Solicitors practice

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Ennis, James A. (d. 1983)

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

hierarchical

Type of relationship

Ennis, James A. controls Rogers & Co., Solicitors

Dates of the relationship

1926-1943

Description of relationship

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

January 2016

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Byrne, M., Legal Offaly: the county courthouse at Tullamore and the legal profession in County Offaly from the 1820s to the present day, Esker Press, 2008

Maintenance notes

Lisa Shortall
  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC